Monday, April 8, 2013

Welcome!!

Well, if you are from Northern New York, you are probably enjoying your first day back to school from Spring Break!  I hope my first post finds you well - relaxed and rejuvenated for the 'home stretch' of the 2012-13 school year.

In my quest to help colleagues conquer the math CORE (Common Core State Standards, that is), I have realized the need for a place where busy educators can find the most important, up-to-date information regarding the CCSS for Math at their fingertips.  'Math...to the CORE!' is my attempt at a 'one stop shop' for teachers!  Here you will find links to the most recent and relevant information for implementing the New York State Common Core State Standards (NYS CCSS), as well as a plethora of other resources to use in our own quest to deepen your students' math understanding.

It is my goal to keep you current!  Occasionally, I will blog about an amazing resource, article, website, song, etc. which I feel would benefit you and your students. 

Some of the resources I share will not be specific to New York State.  Please keep in mind, when the CCSS were adopted, any state choosing to do so had to adopt the ENTIRE set of standards 'as-is' - with the option to add up to 15% more of their own expectations.   Therefore, NYS CCSS for math may include a little bit more/different information than those standards of another state.  However, the bulk of the information on any state CCSS site will be pertinant to any state who has chosen to adopt the math CCSS.

Should you have any questions regarding the Math CCSS or would like to suggest a math resource for me to add to my links, please do so by contacting me at mathcoachkate@gmail.com.

Enjoy the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment